I love the result.
This was a very easy project. I purchased all the wires and components at a electrical supply store. Instead of paying them $30 per fixture to wire them, the nice man at the electrical supply store gave me a quick tutorial.
My husband drilled a whole in the top of each basket and then I proceeded to give him the same tutorial the nice man at the electrical supply store gave me. I let my husband do the assembling.....(don't ask, it's just the way we roll around here).
I made the cord covers myself - out of an old vintage linen dishtowel. I literally cut the two strips and sewed the sides together and slipped it on the cord before we hung the pendants.
After both were hung and we had turned the power back on we held our breath and flipped the switch.....ahhhhhhhhh!
If you remember, I blogged about much more expensive versions of basket light pendants here.. I think my version is quite comparable and certainly less expensive. I paid $20 per basket and about $45 for the electrical components needed to wire them. Not bad I must say...
On another (and yet totally exciting) note, thank you to the Junk Garden Girl for giving my first blog award! She is a relatively new blogger like me - so go check her out. It is always so nice to get nice comments when you wonder if anyone is reading you!
Have a fabulous weekend everyone!