9.13.2015

Feast Portland




It's no secret that I love my hometown of Portland, Oregon.
If you have never visited, you must - or you could just 
watch Portlandia and get an relatively accurate portrayal of my
lovable, quirky city.  

One of my favorite things about Portland is that
it is a total foodie town - a city that appreciates culinary creativity along with
 good wine and craft brews.

Portland is home to some of the most creative
chefs, innovative restaurants, microbreweries, distilleries along with 
being situated near many wonderful vineyards in the Willamette Valley.
Our growing season is long and allows for an abundance of locally sourced produce.

This coming week, Portland will host FEAST PORTLAND - more than
a food and drink festival, Feast Portland is referred to by it's founders
as a "movement that showcases the energy, creativity and enthusiasm
that's driving America's food revolution while celebrating two of the culinary
world's most inspiring places: Portland and Oregon." Wow!  

events, dinner series, hands on classes and 'drink tank' that will celebrate 
wine, beer and spirits…..


I am especially looking forward to attending the Widmer Brothers Brewing
Sandwich Invitational {Presented by Dave's Killer Bread}.  This event is the
Feast Portland's kick-off party where "wildly imaginative, cheffed up interpretations
deliciously redefine everything you thought a sandwich could aspire to be".  What?
A sandwich celebration?  Count me in!

If you are local or visiting Portland this week - you can checkout the full
list of events, locations, sponsors etc… At the Feast Portland website.



In addition to having a great time celebrating food and spirits, when you 
purchase a ticket to attend the festival, you are helping to end hunger
in Oregon and across the U.S.  Since 2012, Feast Portland has raised
over $162,000 to support Partners for a Hunger-Free Oregon and the 
No Kid Hungry campaign which is part of the organization
Share Our Strength.  Win-win!!

I know that most of you come here to see pretty homes, bear with me,
this week as I am honored to have been selected as a local blogger to
provide information about and promotion for Feast Portland.  
I am receiving no compensation other than the ability to attend 
some events - How could I say no?  I love celebrating creativity, fun,
interesting, food, wine and beer!  Local peeps - won't you join me
to celebrate so much of what our city is about????

Yeah Feast Portland!


4 comments on "Feast Portland"
  1. We were there in May and one of my favorite all time trips and cities! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were just there for Hood to Coast and had LOTS of yummy food (and bad weather!) ;o) Love Portland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so want to visit your area one day! It has been on my list of things to do forever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! It's been in my list. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts! Please share!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...