8.16.2016

Inspired by a favorite designer.....


My love for Emily Henderson began when she won HGTV's Design Star.
I loved her quirky, collected style.  She designs to the beat
of her own vintage, mid-century drum shade....ha!!  I'd like to 
think that we could totally be friends - or like sisters, with her the 
cooler, skinier, younger sister - with our shared love of vintage
shopping, vintage art, brass anything, quirky objects, the 
color blue, Portland, Oregon......plus we are both blond, so 
we have that in common!

My house hardly reflects her style, however, I have always
said if I win the Powerball someday, Emily Henderson would be the 
designer I would call to work her magic in the new home
I have built (and renovated) in my head many times over......


So when a fun new client mentioned in our first meeting that 
she really liked Emily Henderson's style I knew I would
love this project.  The client is pretty design savvy herself, a pro at finding 
great mid-century pieces on Craigslist, so
working in a true vintage mid-century piece was a definite. 
The client also had the bed, nightstands and bench.

Early on in the process, I found the great vintage
Persian rug on Craigslist which really brought some great
color and pattern into an otherwise pretty neutral space.
The walls were painted BM Simply White.



The bedside lamps are from Rejuvenation and I think they are pretty fabulous.


I worked with the client to choose art for the smallish gallery wall that was installed.
I finished the space by adding some small accessories, fresh flowers and plants,
a mix of vintage and new textiles and a vintage seascape.  


This project is the perfect example of how the best results come from
trusting, brave clients who listen to the crazy ideas from their
designer - who invest in the designer's time to style the space 
after all the 'big' pieces have been purchased.  

This project was FUN!  And really, I would love to work
more in this style....clients?????

5 comments on "Inspired by a favorite designer....."
  1. This project turned out beautifully! And it's especially fun to work with clients who like the same design styles as you do. I love that little gallery wall, and the round mirror is so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! How fun to get to do a fun new style! I have been itching to do that as well. Don't you just love trusting clients? My favorite! You did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. I'd love to know the sources of the beautiful pieces on the console. It looks so clean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jill. I have been searching all over the web and your blog for the paint color used in your entryway. It is one of my favorites that I have pinned. Can you please share the paint color you used?

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts! Please share!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...