12.16.2009

Tis the Season........

I have had a fairly relaxing holiday season...because I made the decision to make it so. Recently I have enjoyed some of my favorite Christmas 'events'.

Our community store hosted it's annual Santa visit. It is a wonderful event for our neighborhood because the kids feel like they really get a private visit with the big guy himself!

My oldest was too cool for time on Santa's lap this year - which broke this mommy's heart but the little one was very eager. I loved this photo of my 'baby' telling Santa she wants a Barbie Glamour Camper....because shouldn't camping be glamourous when you are Barbie? (Excuse the red eye!)



I have spent some quality time with this favorite appliance....



Using lots and lots of this....



To make many yummy treats like this.....



Ricotta Cheese Cookies

For cookie:

4 c. flour
2 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 c. sugar
1 c. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 (15 oz.) container ricotta cheese
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs

For icing:
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
3 tbsp. milk
Red and Green spinkles!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt and reserve.

Beat sugar and butter until creamy. Reduce speed to medium, add ricotta cheese, vanilla and eggs and beat until well combined. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture mixing until dough forms.

Drop dough by level tablespoons, about 2 inches apart, on prepared baking sheets. Bake until cookies are very lightly golden, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool 2 minutes on baking sheets before transferring cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.

To prepare icing:
Whisk together powdered sugar and milk until smooth, adding more milk or sugar as necessary. Allow icing to set for 1 hour before serving.

Enjoy!

post signature

6 comments on "Tis the Season........"
  1. Jill, your baby girl is as sweet and pretty as can be. You can see the sincerity in her eyes as she tells Santa her wishes for this year.

    The cookies look amazing! YUMMO! Tis my time to whip out the Kitchen Aid, too.

    Have a great day,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter is just beautiful! Love what she asked for from Santa!!!

    That cookie recipe sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I love your blog, I am a new follower of yours :) I think you left out the ricotta cheese in your recipie?? how much these look yummy and I ant to bake some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute Jill! Can't wait to see you and the kiddies in person on Sunday!! Safe travels-Allie

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts! Please share!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...