7.26.2010

Nothing says 'cottage' like......


......dutch doors!



happy monday friends! i am recovering from yet another busy summer weekend spent on our lake enjoying the sunshine and lots of soccer.....yes, it is the sport whose season never ends!




this morning i had a photo shoot with the magazine that interviewed me on my definition of cottage style......i had to smile at NOTHING for at least 300 shots.....she kept telling me to 'relax', obviously she doesn't know me because 'relaxing' is not something that comes naturally to me.............que sera!





anyway.....thought i would begin sharing the oodles of things, both design and lifestyle, that i think define 'cottage style'......



not so practical in minnesota, but i love me a dutch door. my cottage in laguna beach, that i will own someday, will definitely have a dutch door!


top 2 photos from Cottage Home, bottom from Country Living


xo~
10 comments on "Nothing says 'cottage' like......"
  1. I agree!!! I've always wanted a Dutch door!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I officially want those doors! Beautiful!

    I just found your blog...I do believe it will become a favorite!

    Congratulations on the interview, that's so exciting!

    :) Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh the dutch door reminds me of the old 50's movies and the cottage farmhouse in Connecticut.

    You looks so sweet standing there, lovely photos.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. In England we would call your Dutch Dorr. A stable door. We have one too. :-)
    love your dog x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, slip of the paw there door....
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forgot to say... we have two.... :-)
    Yours look beautiful by the way... especially with two beautiful models. x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmm! Dutch doors are just plain scrumptious. Inviting, cottagey, beachy, and I'm lucky enough to have one in my kitchen! :) Beautiful photo of you, Jill!

    xoxo laurie@heavens-walk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love dutch doors too but I don't think they are very practical where I live. Too drafty for new england.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Saweet! You're going to be in C.L.... how fun!!!!!!!!! Thank you for your oh-so-kind words on my blog today! I know those photo shoots are nerve racking! I was fine the day of, but the weeks before... I don't know if I have EVER worked so hard on so many nit picky details!
    Off to check out the rest of your blog!
    Angela
    Parisienne Farmgirl

    PS - You have a couple - hope this was the right place to leave a comment~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! Super cute, funny that you mentioned Laguna Beach, I use to live there and am now a Mn woman!
    Loved Laguna, I go back every spring. So.much.fun!

    Your photos are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts! Please share!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...