5.26.2015

MY OFFICE REVEAL!

So many thoughts swirling in this head of mine….but I'll
start by saying this:
I blog today for the same reason I started blogging almost
eight years ago….because I like to write, I LOVE design
and more than anything, I love the connections to 
all of you…..I have always been slightly uncomfortable
sharing my home because I never want to make others 
feel less than and I couldn't handle any unkind words.  
My hope is and has always been to inspire and show my 
personal style, how I use mass market stuff, stuff I have
had hiding in the closet, lots of vintage stuff and 
my quirky collections and personal items that
are only meaningful to our family but make our home ours.

With that being said, I present to you my newly
created office space.  


During the last year, it became very apparent that as my design 
business grew, I had to graduate from working at the dining
room table to a real office space like a big girl designer.

Our formal living room was pretty and we did use it - mostly
for studying and reading and taking phone calls.  My
family did enjoy the space so convincing them to 
turn it into my office required some negotiation.
I promised to keep the comfy chairs and make the space
still accessible to all…..and because the space was just
off our home's entry, it had to remain pretty and more
of a 'flex space' than just an office.


Being a creative kind of girl, it was important
that this space inspire that creativity and be a space
that I wanted to be in…..So I loaded the shelves
with my quirky collections and design books, 
insist on flowers on my desk at all times, have many 
candle options to burn while I work and 
for my birthday my family gave me a Bose Soundlink
speaker to stream music through. 
* Remember this all - no matter what your space looks like,
flowers, candles and music make it 500% better!


I found I totally fell for some of the quintesential blogger home
necessities; a moroccan pouf, a white garden stool, jute rug, 
cowhide rug and fiddle leaf fig…..gah! I guess I pave my 
own way with my cane collection {I can't even explain}, 
cat-eyed glasses collection {I got nothing???}, vintage art
and mixed lighting styles.  


And while I am really feeling a shift in my own
personal style to a more edited, modern vibe, I hung the
long 'FLEA MARKET' sign prominently above the shelves. 
 I really credit my work and relationship with Ki Nassauer, former
editor of Flea Market Style magazine with giving me
the confidence and inspiration to start my own business.
So the sign is a nod to that.


I really LOVE being in this space!
I know how fortunate I am to have a business
that allows me to be my own lady-boss, to set
my own schedule, to be creative and work
with awesome people who trust me to
help them love their own homes.
I think this space reflects that.


I promise I will do a separate post later this week with
all the sources for the space.  I really do miss blogging.
My work with local design clients and a busy personal
life have just left little time to create content.  You
can find me each day on Instagram though!


Happy Tuesday to you all! 

16 comments on "MY OFFICE REVEAL!"
  1. Oh I love it all! Well done Jill! I'm with you on being my own boss. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill--I love it all. That light is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how it all came together! It's a beautiful room and inspires me to ramp up my office space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great room, Jill. I love how you made it more personal by adding your canes, glasses and such. You're lucky to have such a beautiful space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks lovely! Can we have more close ups of the bookcases?? I would love to see how you styled them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The room feels so inviting with all the natural light. Love your eyeglass collection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jill, it looks amazing!!! I love your style so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! All the textures, drape pattern and wood/metal desk are fantastic. Can I ask a question: how to you plug in the brass lamp on your desk? Electrical cords are the bane of my home design efforts and I'm always curious how others handle them. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautiful Jill!! You have such a great style, I love the mix, and the great tray! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it Jill. Just beautiful. I could definitely get some work done there...well maybe after I sat and drooled over everything first. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jill, This is a beautiful room! I love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is lovely! Love the light fixture so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous space! I love that is has this special blend of vintage and modern. It truly is a special space. Love it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely room! Can you tell me how I can solve the bay-window curtain rod problem? Do I need to order custom made rods?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I seriously love your style of design. That black and white rug under the table is so striking, I love it. I'm also enjoying the color of those curtains. The white garden stool and the pouf are cute. The lighting feels natural and beautiful. Thank you for sharing your style with the world, it's gorgeous.

    Ruby Simmons @ You Had Me At Hello

    ReplyDelete
  16. I seriously love your style of design. That black and white rug under the table is so striking, I love it. I'm also enjoying the color of those curtains. The white garden stool and the pouf are cute. The lighting feels natural and beautiful. Thank you for sharing your style with the world, it's gorgeous.

    Ruby Simmons @ You Had Me At Hello

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts! Please share!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...