9.23.2014

No more planked-backed bookcases…..

If you happen to be new around here, long ago, I added planking to the
backs of my built-in bookshelves….the post remains one of the most
viewed ever at the Forever*Cottage…you can go back 
and read it HERE - it was even featured on The Nester's blog.  
I am still humbled by the questions and positive feedback
I get on my sort of 'redneck' {BTW - I love rednecks!} method for installation.

But truth be told, the 3M tape did not work with each and
every plank and they were starting to pop off.  And also,
I was ready for a more clean, uncluttered look…...


Last week, I pulled all the planks off the backs of built-in bookshelves,
sanded them down and gave them a fresh coat of BM White Dove
paint in a semi-gloss finish - the result is clean and simple.

In addition, to the fresh paint, I restyled the shelves and added
some color and modern accessories to mix with the 
plethora of vintage items I had going on.  Of course,
now that I am looking at this photo, I want to tweak it even more! 


I include this photo to show you the perspective I had while taking photos of my 
bookshelves for this post……..I was standing on my kitchen island as my kids did 
their homework…..Just normal life around here when your momma blogs….
#kidsofbloggersproblems



5 comments on "No more planked-backed bookcases….."
  1. I think they look great Jill! Just beautiful! Enjoy your evening with the kiddos.. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started following your blog and I love your work! Would you mind sharing your source for your coffee table? I'm looking for a "skinny" coffee table just like yours. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your restyled shelves. Also love your tray on your sofa table. Do you mind me asking where it's from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always trying to tweak my bookshelves in our family room, very similar to yours in style. I printed this image when I saw it so that I could use it as a jumping off point to try to bring some life to our shelves. Great job, I love it!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! That was a lot of work! I do not like having to empty bookshelves and then put it all back. Styling takes forever! You did a wonderful job. I laughed out loud about where you stood to take the photos. So true!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts! Please share!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...