7.06.2011

Cottage style curb appeal.....my YELLOW door!


I can't believe it is Wednesday!  Where is the summer going? Are you feeling the same?

It was a busy weekend at our house ~ between golf games, entertaining and holiday celebrations, we concentrated on adding some cottage-style curb appeal to our new home.  I took the plunge and painted our front door yellow - a color that I would categorize as "trendy" right now.  Given my love
of neutral decor I was not 100% certain I was going to love this bold
color on our front door but I do, I do!  


In addition to painting the door, we added a new antique bronze handle and lock-set, I like
how the black looks with the yellow door, so crisp!

I finally planted topiaries and my vintage stone urns with my favorite plants! And 
added some vintage grain sack pillows on the bench.

The light fixtures were looking worn and tired, their original grayish paint was faded 
and uneven.  Instead of replacing them at a GREAT expense, I had the hubby 
disassemble them and gave them a coat of black spray paint!  SO. MUCH. BETTER.


And finally, we made a big decision - we removed the shutters.  While I usually love shutters on homes, I just came to the conclusion that the only contribution the shutters provided was 
clutter so they had to GO.  If you want to see what the outside of our home looked like
when we bought it, check out this post.

I used Benjamin Moore "Stuart Gold" (HC-10)
for the front door - love it!


17 comments on "Cottage style curb appeal.....my YELLOW door!"
  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I'm green with envy! Good job taking the plunge!
    I have a front porch screaming for attention. Can't wait to get home and get back to work. Although, I'd hate to wish the summer away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color of the door! It looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE how it pops!! looks great! Hugs, Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a big fan of Stuart Gold. Looks divine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous color choice against the gray. Your house is so visually pleasing in the design I can see what you mean about the shutters just being clutter. Way to take the leap...looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the front porch makeover!! The yellow door is awesome!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a sucker for a yellow house so why not a door. Yours looks great. My door is deep red and I am thinking of changing it because wreaths do not show up on it like on a light door. This would look great. Thanks for sharing.
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks amazing. love that color!!! and i think you are right about the shutters. all it needs is THAT DOOR:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm...I've always leaned more towards liking red doors. But dang, this is just too gorgeous, you may have won me over to the world of yellow! I love how cozy it feels and how clean all the lines look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE love love the yellow door! Its so bright and sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm loving the yellow door! I currently have a black one..and you've just given me some inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Would love to see a full house shot with the yellow door and no shutters!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your yellow door! Bold and beautiful. I agree with removing the shutters. We are removing ours too. I think your effort to add even more curb appeal was a big success!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts! Please share!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...