12.04.2013

Christmas mantel!


I had loaded these photos earlier today and then sat down 
with my computer and a glass of wine and proceeded to
'splash' wine on my Mac keyboard! It's not working so I
am posting via an iPad. Good times.
{sorry to be such a complainer but my pain is fresh people!}


On to happier things….

This is our Christmas mantel for 2013! I used what I had -
my vintage brass candlestick collection, old books,
an Asian box that happens to be red and
freshly painted gold Pottery Barn Kids stocking
holders circa 2002.  I added a big boxwood wreath
and poinsettias and called it good.


I fully intend to add greenery to the mantel but thought
it was just too early and I am not motivated to switch it
out mid-month!  Probably will be added next week.

The grain sack stockings are new this year - from
my favorite Uber Chic boys!

Say prayers for my Macbook - hope you enjoyed my
mantel……..

* Update - I checked the correct usage of mantel vs. mantle and
have made corrections, thank you to those that pointed out
the correct definition/spelling.  If you are interested, please
see this link!

** In further news.....my Macbook is up and working!
Can I get an 'amen'!
5 comments on "Christmas mantel!"
  1. I'm pretty sure it's mantel in this use. But! Loved it anyway, however it's spelled. Got some good ideas. I just have to learn to think outside the UNIVERSE! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to laugh….ha ha…but that is so something I would do:) Glad you got her up and running! Loving the mantel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous mantel! love the antlers and wreath too. happy to hear your mac dried out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love how you used the books in the middle. The stocking hangers are awesome, too.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts! Please share!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...