1.14.2009

My House is Personal


I had to share this wonderful piece of art that I received as a birthday gift from my parents. I spotted it when visiting them over Christmas and instantly felt I NEEDED this in my home. I have long loved nests of all kinds, references to nests and nesting. Why? Who knows, probably because it best describes the way I want my family to feel when they come home to our "nest" - safe, loved, nutured ... Ahhh, just wait until mama bird pushes them out and makes them fly on their own.... Anyway, this painting just spoke to me. The artist is a young woman who has done a series of nest paintings as well as wonderful works of bicylces. I am thrilled to have one of her pieces hanging over my fireplace. This, among many other things, makes my home personal. What in your home makes it personal for you?


post signature

5 comments on "My House is Personal"
  1. Hi my dear friend. Congratulations on your start into the blogging world. I look forward to reading updates on your home and family through your blog. The picture looks amazing.

    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, how did I miss your blog??? I am so sorry I didn't visit until now. I love your style and your posts and your fabulous nest artwork... I want one! Glad you started blogging and I will definitely be back for a visit. Going to add you to my blog roll, as a matter of fact!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful painting. I have a hard time connecting to artwork a lot of the time, so I am still searching for pieces that "speak" to me, but I do know what you mean. Enjoy it!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a lover of art. My sister is a high school art teacher, she inspires me. I love the picture. Enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ADORE that painting!!!!

    Lucky dog.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts! Please share!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...