2.06.2011

it's official......



Our Forever*Cottage will go on the market this week.......

We were on the "Distinctive Homes" tour for brokers this last week......funny to me as I would have never classified our cottage as "distinctive" but we are in a desirable neighborhood and will be priced lower than the lake homes that surround us so I guess that makes us "distinctive".

While the house was ultra-tidy {and me utterly exhausted from getting it so}, I did snap a few pictures with my point and shoot camera - thus not the best pics......

but I am sharing anyway.....



This is our "formal" living room  - the no television space, where the girls tend to do their reading, the dogs lie in front of the fire and I enjoy company while I cook in the adjoining kitchen.

 As they say on MTV "Cribs", here is where the magic happens!  Just kidding.....obviously the kitchen and I love the different cabinet finishes, my big Thermador fridge, enormous sink and farmhouse fixtures. Is it my dream kitchen?  I would have to say NO, there are lots of things that I would have done differently but it is lovely and we just were not here long enough to change much.

 Our dining room.  The farmhouse table was made for me in Pennsylvania by an Amish furniture maker out of reclaimed wood - I consider it my souvenier from our time in Pennsylvania.  The french chairs at the ends of the table were also purchased in Pennsylvania from what I now believe - if there is such a thing- a shabby chic furniture hoarder.  Let's just say, her "tag sale" in her very large garage/carriage house was floor to ceiling cabinets, mirrors, cupboards, headboards, chairs - all gorgeous, all very high-end.  Her frustrated husband was happy to see it all going.......I love that I have those chairs to remember that unbelievable experience.....

I am happy to get to this point although the thought of having the house "showing ready" at all times is NO FUN.  For that reason, and many others, I hope it sells quick!  The out of town buyers {who have already seen it twice!}are coming back in town next weekend and will take another look.  I am praying that they make an offer.

I welcome your prayers too!
12 comments on "it's official......"
  1. wow...if I lived closer and I were in the market for a home....yours would be tops on my list!! It's completely beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In spite of all the slow markets, my own house sold in just a week this last summer. It was a sweet cape cod from the twenties and like yours was just plain cute-minus your fab Kitchen! So I am sure yours will sell just as fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Jill. This time last year I was going through the same thing. It is so much work! I hope you sell quickly. I can't imagine anyone not wanting to snap it up! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know you
    have mine, girlie.
    Been through
    this many times....
    It looks like
    you are ready!
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home is absolutely stunning - I'm sure the offers will be flooding in! And don't be surprised if they ask for everything you own - that's what makes it so special. good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou for sharing wide shots of your home. I finally feel like I know what it looks like now. Your home is as beautiful, if not more so, than I could tell from the smaller pics of vignettes I'm used to seeing. I can't imagine that your house will not sell quickly. It looks clean and fresh and stylish. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home is so lovely! I sure wish you the best on the sell!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jill, It looks beautiful! I will be crossing my fingers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks fantastic Jill, your house will sell in no time, I am sure of it! fingers crossed my dear! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I sooo agree with Heather! If we lived closer, I'd be in the market for your home. It's beautiful!!!! I pray that it sells quickly for you. Unfortunately in Michigan, the market is terrible. Our lake house has been for sale for 4 years now. THAT is a hard pill to swallow...as well as tough on our finances. But we keep the faith because we can't see the Big Picture. :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it's truly one of the prettiest houses I've seen on a blog. It's so well put together. You have exquisite taste. I really mean it. It's also great that your furniture tells a story. I hope it sells quickly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello,

    I found your blog and it's home is beautiful. Love your dining room with the gorgeous farmtable and hutch.
    I am a new follower. Thank you for sharing. It's just beautiful!
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts! Please share!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...