Thursday, November 1, 2012

Random...


It is November 1st!  Holy cow!
As I drove out my neighborhood today, one neighbor was
having a professional service hang their Christmas lights - 
definitely not ready for that!  We are still
eating our Milky Ways, Snickers and Butterfingers over
here at the old Forever*Cottage.....

The photo above is my big girl - just when you think
they are too old for dressing up, they get invited to 
a 'costumes mandatory' halloween party.  She decided
to resurrect the 'always a hit' nerd costume and spend the 
night in character!  


I have had some fun over the last week visiting some
favorite Portland spots.  I met up with some girlfriends
at St. Honore and enjoyed a morning of talking
business - we all work from home and are following
our passions while trying to strike that perfect balance
between work and family.  St. Honore is the perfect
place for 'water cooler conversation' - something lacking
when you work from home, mostly on your own.


Client work had me at Rejuvenation Hardware {photo upper left} - 
a Portland must-see for anyone into vintage fixtures, lighting and 
architectural salvage.  I won't even tell you how many gorgeous
claw foot bathtubs were in their back warehouse area!  

Working with a friend from Minnesota on some
choices for their new home, had me looking at 
fabrics from Lee Industries.  If you are looking for 
quality upholstery for a relatively affordable price {think a bit 
higher priced than Pottery Barn but WAY better quality}
check out Lee Industries.


And of course, last night had us out and about -
well not yours truly - {someone had to answer the door
and drink some Cabernet} - but my girls - one with
her friends and the other with her daddy.  


Lots of fun and candy was had by all!



Follow Forever*Cottage: Email * Facebook * Instagram * Pinterest

2 comments :

  1. Where would you recommend I look for fabric here in Portland. I want to recover the seats of my dining room chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fabric looks fabulous!! Nice too have a good source for fabrics. For sure!!
    And I work at home too so water cooler convo is missed by me a lot!!
    My hubby and my BFF we both out of town at the same time...ack!! Can we say...talking needed!!!
    Ha
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...