4.23.2014

My dining room…..craving color {sort of}.


If you ever visit my house, chances are you would 
plop yourself down at my 'kitchen couch' - it's a favorite spot
in my Forever*Cottage. It's a homework spot, work spot,
dining spot, chatting spot, wine drinking spot, texting spot,
phone chat spot, reading spot {and famous for being the "I'll
just sit here and talk to mom while she cleans up the kitchen" spot}.…
it's where it all happens around here.


This is THE dining room in our home - part of larger
'great room' space that includes the kitchen and
family room….{and the big staircase that has become
so famous for it's gallery wall}.


I have been a little color-shy this winter - favoring more
neutrals in my accents….but with springs' arrival
I was craving some color so I began switching pillows….





Obviously, I didn't go all crazy, but our beloved bench got
some attention.



For all of you that have asked and will ask……
my European bench was a Farm Chicks purchase about
three years ago….I bought it from one of my 
favorite dealers Uber Chic Home.  Those boys
have the loveliest of lovely finds from Europe - the
things that make my heart flutter!


I have plans for this space….nothing too crazy - some bamboo shades
for the windows and drapery panels for the large French Doors….
In time……cause it's always something!

17 comments on "My dining room…..craving color {sort of}."
  1. Beautiful! I'd hang out in that space too if I were at your house! Even though our dining room is separate from the kitchen, it is attached to the living room through a set of French doors. (Just posted about it today, in fact.) I find that people hang out more at the dining room table than they do in the living room. Why is that? I absolutely love your lantern. In fact, it's the next thing I want to add to our dining room. Because you are right, it's always something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the changes and the pops of color...such a pretty space!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks pretty and can't wait to see what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely and light filled spot, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this spot. Maybe I can have a kitchen couch someday. I'm thinking now is not the time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, probably not the right time for your "situation"….but your time will be here before you know it!
      xo~

      Delete
  6. Your dining room is very inviting. The pillows on the bench really warm things up. Can't wait to see how you finish the room off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great space. I love the kitchen chairs so if the bench is occupied, I'd be happy to pull up a chair! :-)
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so lovely as is. I wouldn't change a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pillows. Would you possibly share sources for the floral one and striped one? I have such trouble mixing patterns

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just discovered your blog and I'm in aww - love every bit of it! What's the paint color you have on the wall in this room?

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts! Please share!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...