4.14.2010

Come to the flea....with me!



While I have never been one to pass up the opportunity to go to a great flea market, it just seems like spring/summer are truly "flea market season" for me!

Twice a year, our local occasional sales hosts get together and collectively put on ONE BIG SALE they call A Gathering of Friends.



So why go to a bunch of individual sales when you can get the goods in all one place? Plus, I secretly think there is a silent competition (among the "friends") to see who can really bring the best stuff.



I arrived at the sale a few minutes early and was surprised to see that eager shoppers had already lined up at the door as if they were waiting to get the new iPad!



My list of "wants" was not long...mainly I was looking for concrete/iron garden urns and ironstone.



What did I come home with? I couldn't pass up this wonderful wire plant stand. I thought it would be a wonderful place for my herb plants!



post signature

9 comments on "Come to the flea....with me!"
  1. A post about flea markets? You had me at hello! Love the plant stand....nice and chippy. I bet you had a great time.

    I have a favorite flea market that runs all day every Friday spring to fall and I usually get to go a couple times a summer. Even my kids love it!

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good time! I wish we had a flea market close by! That one looks amazing!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's my kinda flea market!

    Great looking stuff. And, I love your plant stand, it's wonderful.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh, the shutters for me!!!!!

    xoxo,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jill this looks like such fun! I wish my town had something like that! Lucky girl!!

    Polly

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many fabulous things, I wish I could go!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just had to read this post coz I'm a big flea market fan myself! Your flea market looks very pretty and luv your FM find...looks perfect on your porch. New to your pretty blog!
    -marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Jill...love all those pictures. What a great day you had. Love your planter...it is perfect. Thanks for the fun tour and pictures!
    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the wire plant stand, herbs would look beautiful there.
    I just did a post about a fun little herb container garden.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts! Please share!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...