4.12.2010

.........pretty in pink.........

Ok, I promised...

pictures of the girls' rooms after the BIG switcheroo.....

Let's start with little miss Abigail....



Abby is my special miracle baby, of sorts. She is THE baby of the family as well. But she and I, we had quite the ordeal early in my pregnancy. After a long airline flight, at 12 weeks pregnant with her, I developed severe leg pain that grew worse over the course of 4 days.

I ended up having a DVT (blood clot) and spent 9 days in the hospital on IV blood thinning drugs. While there was concern for the baby's health, the greater worry was MY health so an ultrasound was not done until day 7 of my hospital stay. I was SO relieved to hear that heartbeat...such a miracle!

After a long high risk pregnancy, I delivered a healthy baby girl. Abigail came into the world calm and remains that kind of child today. Besides her unique start to life, Abby was born with a distiquishing birth mark, or "dot" as we call it on her neck. The birthmark is about the size of a dime and certainly makes her unique!

For whatever reason, "dots" are Abby's thing - she seems drawn to anything with polka dots! Coincidence? I don't think so!



Abby's favorite colors are pink, orange and brown....yep, that's her story and she's sticking to it.

My mom happens to be an accomplished quilter and last year wanted to make Abby a quilt for her bed, so guess what? When decorating her room, I had to work with a pink/orange/brown quilt.

And while most of my home is very neutral, my girls rooms are bursts of color, the way THEY like it.

I see lots of pictures of kids rooms on blogs that are beautifully decorated and oh, how I would love to be able to decorate my girls' rooms to my taste, but I really believe that it is THEIR room and they should be able to have the colors/things around them that express who THEY are.



So, Abby's room says that she is a polka dot, pink/orange/brown, American Girl, Barbie, book, music, frog (stuffed animals) loving girl. I would not have it any other way.



The only additions made by me are the vintage calendar pillow made by a local Minneapolis artist, Nancy Polacek and the framed bird counting card pictures above the bed.


Accessories? They are ALL Abigail....

I will be posting pictures of my tweens' blue room soon, just waiting for the few final touches.

Even better - Tomorrow I will post pictures of a great flea market I went to last week and the fabulously useful treasure I scored - a great addition to my garden/patio.

post signature

7 comments on ".........pretty in pink........."
  1. What a great room... love the vibrabt cheery colors. i hope you had a great day!

    Smiles and Blessings,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun bedroom -- love that pretty quilt! My girls are finally of an age where they are going to get to help decorate their shared bedroom soon -- light blues & sea greens will soon be in their room, by their request! Now I just have to finish up downstairs first....

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I would have loved to have had a room like this as a little girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks very sweet and fun. My daughter has Molly and Emily too and she would definitely approve of Abigail's taste!

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, I love her color combo they look great together. Such a fun happy room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a precious little girl...you are so wise to let them pick their own colors!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts! Please share!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...