Thursday, February 21, 2013

I went shopping...

It's no secret I am in love with my city, Portland Oregon.
Besides being beautiful, funky, quirky, a great place to get
both a glass of good wine or good coffee, Portland has 
some fun home decor shops.

Yesterday, I was shopping with a friend/client and 
snapped a few photos with my iPhone that I thought
I would share....just for fun.

 We started at Cielo Home - a sweet shop that specializes
in gorgeous special antique pieces, custom upholstery and lamps,
John Derian pieces and other small decorative items.  For me,
this shop is for is pricey....but hey, a girl can dream!
We also ventured to Jonathan Adler - this is a new
store for Portland - opened about six months ago!

Overall, the Adler look is a bit too contemporary for my
personal home, but as a design fan, I was in heaven!
The store is so inspirational and full of COLOR!
I loved the whimsy and the messages on the 
walls of the store - all about living in 
beautiful, fun spaces.  Obviously,
Jonathan Adler believes that more than anything,
design should be fun!  Amen!

Cargo - an import store was our next stop.  Cargo has a bit
of this and a lot of that....Asian pieces are plentiful, including 
all the blue and white porcelain pieces pictured above.
The also have a large selection of Santos cage dolls -
I happen to love these, but I know lots of people
who find them slightly creepy.  What do you think?

And more wise words from Jonathan Adler........

My friend/client purchased a couple blue and white
porcelain pieces - including that LARGE jar
pictured above and will have them converted to lamps.
I can't wait to show you this project - it's going to be beautiful.

Enjoy your day!

Follow Forever*Cottage: Email * Facebook * Instagram * Pinterest


  1. i love your city too!! i get so excited when its time to take a visit down there!! i think that doll heads are creepy especially the old vintage ones. i have nightmares that they will come to life and wreak havoc on my life. but i think they are cool for some people with a certain style.

    thanks for all you share on here Jill. your home is such an inspiration for me!

    ♥ Ashley

  2. Haha love that last saying...I really need a gay BFF!

    Feel the same about Jonathan fun to look at but just doesn't go with my home. Portland sure has some great shops! Fun post!


I always love to hear your thoughts! Please share!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...