Friday, February 22, 2013

Upholstered Headboard......

This is our bedroom - yesterday....
perfectly fine.  We have had the black sleigh bed
for about 10 years - almost a record for a
piece of furniture in our house.  It
has served us well but I am over its
Budgets are tight these days so a 'no go' for 
anything new.

I don't know if you can see it - but there is an inset on 
the headboard that I would like to upholster....I am serious.
But first I need to paint the headboard, thinking a creamy white.

The photo below is inspiring me....

via Pinterest

Not exactly the same style as my bed but I love everything
about this bed......I am sucker for blue and white with a big
dose of white.

Wish me luck!

Follow Forever*Cottage: Email * Facebook * Instagram * Pinterest


  1. I love the idea of upholstering the inset - can't wait to see the finished product! Clever way to update without replacing.

  2. I like you inspiration. I think that would look very nice on your bedframe.

  3. Good luck, Jill! I know that you will transform it into a thing of beauty!!! :) Can hardly wait to see it!

    xoxo laurie

  4. YES! That would look so great!!

    1. I've contemplated the same thing about my bed which is actually quite a bit like the bottom pic. I look forward to seeing what you do. I'm sure I'll still be thinking about it and yours will be done!

  5. I'm loving the burlap bed! I wish I would actually tire of it. My house is beginning to look like a feed bag... I'm always inspired to see what you come up with.

    julie, xoxo

  6. I love the chandelier in here! Mind me asking where you got it??


I always love to hear your thoughts! Please share!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...