10.28.2010

Flea Find

It seems like I have been doing alot of shopping at occassional sales and flea markets lately.....

This may be one of my favorite recent purchases....



And while I am a girl who likes my antiques chippy, I also think there is a fine line between chippy and downright junky.....I was worried this birdcage had crossed the line into the "junky zone" just a bit too much...

But when those candles are lit, the light coming through the birdcage casts the most beautiful patterns on the ceiling above.....
Happy Halloween weekend everyone! I will be back on Monday!
18 comments on "Flea Find"
  1. Hmmm....
    Wondering what
    Mr. FMC thought
    about this addition?
    I know what Mr. P&H
    would think!! Although,
    if the candles lead
    to wine and romance....
    Well, that might
    be a different story : )
    ENJOY the weekend with
    your sweet goblins!
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the birdcage, and the tray it's on.I think it's fabulous.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find !!
    Have a fun weekend and more Fun Finds 2 U...Chickie

    ReplyDelete
  4. i adore birdcages...i think i'm coveting yours now :)
    happy halloween to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love it jill! i think its perfect! and i love your halloween decor! have a great halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, it's really cute. Not junky at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's beautiful, what a find, just gorgeous!! Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous find, I adore it!

    Bon week-end a toi,

    Leeann x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love your bird cage, especially with the candles in it! ~Deb~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jill - i love it. i love the candles in it. perfect. have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's perfectly chippy, no line crossed there. Love it.
    margo

    ReplyDelete
  12. great find and wonderful vignette jill....

    have a great weekend!
    xo+blessings,
    anne marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty birdcage! Isn't it fun to find treasures like that?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am loving your birdcage! So gald you decided to get it for yourself~ it's chippy perfection!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  15. You kiddin? Your find is fabulous, even without the candles!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome birdcage, Jill! What a wonderfully creative idea with those candles! When my little wooden bird gets tired of being in her cage, I just may steal your idea! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts! Please share!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...