6.29.2009

What are YOU doing this summer...



I got this great idea from a favorite blog.

Our family has always had a less formal list of what we wanted to do over summer vacation. When I saw that Meg had posted her kids' summer list on the family chalkboard, I knew that this year we would do the same.

Most of the year, this chalkboard (in our mudroom) lists each of my girls' chores. Needless to say, they were thrilled to be able to erase the chore list and replace it with all the fun things they want to do this summer.

I will return next week with pictures from the Cottagewood 4th of July celebration! Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Jill
4 comments on "What are YOU doing this summer..."
  1. AWESOME!! have fun! it makes the days go faster. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a chalkboard that we write everything, but we have a fun family meeting at the beginning of summer and everyone says what special things they want to do. I write everything down and we have fun (and usually free) things to do as a family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to see you actually do somethings on your list!! It's refreshing :) There are people I know who make lists just for show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really brings back memories from my own childhood! Thanks for sharing such a nice reminder, balance for today's kids is so important.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts! Please share!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...