7.24.2009

Hooked on House & Home Magazine!

My frustrations with the lack of good decorating magazines has been well documented on this blog....don't even get me started....

I was so pleasantly surprised after I took a leap of faith yesterday and purchased a Canadian decorating magazine called House & Home. (BTW - I do not know how to get all my photos the same size in this post - bear with me!)



I thoroughly enjoyed looking at a magazine once again that inspired me. House & Home is not Cottage Living - think more Domino.





The content of the magazine focused on a more modern asthetic with vintage items thoughtfully placed. I love the balance! It really is the look I am going for in my own home.

A perfect example of this mix is the vintage architectural piece placed over the bed in this photo. Love it!



What are you hooked on today?

post signature

10 comments on "Hooked on House & Home Magazine!"
  1. I subscribed to House & Home for many years. I gave up on it around 2006 because I was fed up with the out-of-touch-with-reality homes that they featured. The 12,000 sq ft summer cottage really pushed me over the edge!!

    A little while ago, Suzanne Dimma took over as editor. I decided to give H&H another try and picked up the June issue. Then I picked up the July & August issues too :-) H&H is SO much better now!!

    Good to hear you enjoy one of our Canadian home decor magazines :-) You might want to check out Style At Home as well. And there's a great magazine from the UK called Livingetc.

    Kelly @ DesignTies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip - hello to all American magazine editors/publishers....we are having to go elsewhere for our design "fix". I will check out your suggestions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will have to check out the magaznine. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Isn't House & Home great?! I found it earlier this year and think it's a nice compromise... sort of a combo of Cottage Living (my all-time fave *sniff*) and Domino. Love that last pic of the stripedy bed linens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am still not over the loss of Domino! However, I have checked out this mag too and I like it! Thanks Canada! ~Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good lead -- always on the lookout for different design mags. So many have folded their tents and disappeared!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to check this one out - love the pictures! I have a subscription to British Country Living, sometimes you just have to branch out beyond the US for a little extra inspiration I guess...

    :) T

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the magazine suggestion! I love the piece above the bed...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I believe this magazine has been cancelled.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts! Please share!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...