8.09.2010

Food & Wine....for kitchen design!

First and foremost I want to thank everyone who left such supportive comments on my last post. It was entirely uncomfortable to reveal something so personal on this blog, but something I felt was right to do. I promise to do more so that you can get to know me....I especially look forward to sharing some overdue house projects that will be tackled once my girlies are back in school. AND, I am styling a tabletop vingette for the Junk Bonanza flea market/antiques show in September that I am super excited about.


So....now back to our regularly scheduled program...


I was browsing my latest issue of Food & Wine magazine and began to drool....


No, not over a delicious recipe or yummy cocktail concoction....



Over THIS kitchen.....



I find myself a bit obsessed with kitchen design, and really am drawn to unusual design and kitchens that have elements that are not traditionally found in kitchens, like great artwork or upholstered seating, or great windows....



I love the double square islands, one for working and one for seating....and the beams and brick, and stove and the quirky way they hung the vintage Italian chandelier, the planked walls, reclaimed hardwood floors, open shelving...how about this pantry below???



TO DIE FOR!

** kitchen design by Paige Schnell of Tracery Interiors.

3 comments on "Food & Wine....for kitchen design!"
  1. Jo in New Prague, MNAugust 10, 2010 at 4:07 AM

    Jill - it is gorgeous. I love the pantry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill!
    I am on holiday
    and have had spotty
    internet, so I'm
    popping around to
    catch up before we
    drive to the beach.
    First, congrats on
    finally knowing where
    things stand with your
    hub's job...Mine is
    in a similar field and
    with the changes in
    health care coming
    down the road, you DO
    wonder what is going
    to happen. As a girl
    I moved so many times;
    your reaction was really
    typical. Glad that you
    feel you are "back!"
    {I hope to meet you at
    Junk Bonanza as I'll be
    shopping it and will look
    for your table!} Love
    your inspiration pics!
    Why is it that everything
    with a ladder in front of
    it is so eye appealing???
    Happy Day!
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just plain delicious......! :)

    xoxo laurie@heavens-walk

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts! Please share!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...