7.02.2014

Transitional spaces in a client's home….


Unexpected and 'special' pieces in transitional spaces
in a home make my heart happy……

I often find that people overlook hallways and
entry spaces - choosing to focus more 
money and attention on the room in their homes.
I get that.


But as I encourage clients, I encourage you -
don't overlook these spaces.
Hang a special piece of art near a coat
closet……
Choose an antique knob for your pantry door…..
Hang a quirky vintage sign near your back door….
 Put fresh cut flowers in a vase on an entry table…..
Paint your entry ceiling a pretty shade of blue……
Display your grandmother's tea set….
Create a family photo wall, full of candid photos only…..


Making a ho-hum space special by adding special 
is a little bit of …..the unexpected!
And can't we all use a little unexpected
happy events in our lives and our homes?


This client is beginning to add those touches….after
spending oodles of time concentrating on the big stuff!


Sometimes it's the little things that make our spaces uniquely ours.

**Paint colors 
{BM Revere Pewter in main spaces}
{SW Urbane Bronze in Dining Room and Living Room}
1 comment on "Transitional spaces in a client's home…."
  1. Jill,
    Great advice. You nailed it, I often am so focused on the room at large that I skip the minor spaces. They really can be the icing. Thanks.
    Happy 4th of July to you and yours.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts! Please share!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...