2.05.2010

Lost.....



Life....

It has been a crazy week...I won't go into all the details but let's just say I just about, almost cried "uncle"...

I am trying not to complain, because I know my problems are not on par with those in Haiti or those with sick children, no job, etc...

and I am trying to remember that when times get tough...

that I don't have it so bad...



Along with the above mentioned goal, I am also trying to be more purposeful in my life....(do I sound like I have been watching too much Oprah?)...

It's been hard...

to really pay attention to life, the big moments and the small..

to spend my time on meaningful (to me) things...

to stop and "smell the roses" (oops it's February in Minnesota, there are no roses to be found!)....



In the midst of my crazy week, I really tried to take a break - to do things on my list - like create and bring some "love" into my home in the form of Valentine's decorations...The picture above is what I came up with - no red and pink but it "goes" in my home.

And then yesterday....I ventured to a far away flea-tiquing sale that I had long wanted to go to but always had a previous "obligation" that kept me from making the drive. I basically said "to the hell with it, I am going". That is about as much of a rebel as I get!

And because I took the Oprah "NO PHONE ZONE" pledge (not technically but I am trying), I did not talk on my phone or text or check my emails.

I just drove.

And I got lost....

in the Minnesota countryside....

but it was nice (not the weather, or the occassional cussing when I was lost) just the solitude...

I stumbled upon this gorgeous "farmette" and I swooned over her charming qualities....

and then pulled over to take a few pics because she is for sale!



Living more purposeful, I think I could do that living on a farmette....




Have a glorious weekend my dear friends...

post signature

5 comments on "Lost....."
  1. Hello my friend, hang in there and know I am always a phone call or e-mail away! Love your Valentine creation, its darling! My heart is going pitter-pat over that "farmette"! Oh my! Yes, you need to live on a farm, and I will come and visit you!! Take care-Allie

    ReplyDelete
  2. how beautiful is the farmette! I have often thought that I could live on a farm, have an antique business in the barn...play in the snow...great pictures- thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how much is that farmette btw??

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful!!! Hugs to you... and it is okay to have a hard time even if it doesn't compare to the above mentioned examples...lovely pics you shared too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. O.K.... now that I found this blog today, I am secretly and oh so selfishly reading all the old post while my sweet family works hard on the lawn together. I was only coming in for a glass of water! Anyway... I know this house!! I lived by this before I moved 7 months ago to follow my sweet hubby to the fancy town of Omaha! Fun to see the familiar. Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts! Please share!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...